After viewing the television program and completing the assigned readings, you should be able to:
1. Define and compare sensation and perception.
2. Describe how a visual stimulus gets translated into “sight” in the brain.
3. Describe the field of psychophysics.
4. Be able to distinguish distal and proximal stimuli.
6. Describe Gestalt psychology.
7. Describe the phenomenon of perceptual constancy.
9. Describe the difference between top-down and bottom up processing.
10. Discuss the senses of smell, taste and touch.